Thursday 16 February 2012

Sir Terry Frost


Sir Terry Frost was elected Royal Academician 1992 and received a knighthood in 1998. He died on 1st September 2003 in St Ives.

Most of us may be familiar with his later work which uses shape, proportion and color to convey a sense of visual movement and feeling. However one must visit his early work within which we see some of the leading post war abstract work produced by any artist.

His work has been a great influence on me and along with Ben Nicholson I can say that discovering these artists prompted me to start creating my own artwork.

Please click on the link below the images to read more about the artist and view more of his later work - it is also a good idea to google him to access his earlier work.





Madrigal - 1949


Black and White Movement on Blue and Green II - 1951


to view my own work click here

No comments:

Post a Comment